Friday, December 9, 2011

Tis the season

When Joel and I were first married, I was a bit of a Scrooge when it came to Christmas decorations. Our first apartment housed no Christmas tree, no festive wreaths or snowmen, and played no holiday-celebrating music. I didn't even wrap presents until the day before Christmas Eve.
Enter my mother-in-law. She took me to the most wonderful Christmas shop in her small town and outfitted us with many a Christmas decoration. Not only did she purchase ornaments, but she also bought all of these branches, sparkly leaves, and fancy garland. Armed with my array of decorating goodies, our second Christmas as a married couple was such a HUGE upgrade that I was almost proud of my accomplishments. I took pictures and sent them to my mother-in-law to see the fruits of her labor.
Each year since, I've added little touches to our apartment. We now have a tree, a few snowmen, a second baby tree, and an inkling of a wreath I'm thinking of making. This year making its GRAND entrance is the newest addition to our tree, courtesy of Mom Smith, a Christmas bird. I also have been playing A Very She and Him Christmas on repeat in my car.  Scrooge, no more.




No comments:

Post a Comment