Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mama time

Yesterday, my dear friend Joanna gave me the best Christmas present- three hours ALL TO MYSELF!!!!! I went grocery shopping for the Christmas party we're hosting for our small group tonight and still had some time to buy a couple of Christmas presents. I couldn't believe how quickly I could get in and out of the car without the little lady with me. AND to add to the bliss, Jo and her son Sam (her other son Ben took a good winter's nap the whole time) cleaned my house! I was nearly speechless when I came home. The whole place smelled like swiffer! Wood dusted, toys put away, floors cleaned- what a blessing!
As much as I delighted in having some time to myself, the crazy thing was that I missed Ainsley. Goodness, there are days that feel so long at home with her and yet the minute I'm away from Ainsley I miss her sweet face. I miss her crazy laugh she lets out whenever something is really funny. I miss the sound of her blowing rasberries at her stuffed animals. I miss all of her new words- hello, banana, light (granted, none of her words sound exactly like the real thing). I miss watching her sit on the couch reading a book like a big girl. Most of all I miss her stomping over to me and resting her head on my legs until I pick her up for a quick snuggle.
As soon as I walked in the door after my mama-time, Ainsley came from across the room yelling, "Mommy!" and raising her hands with a big smile on her face. Three hours or solo-shopping with a clean house and a sweet baby girl upon returning- my Christmas break is off to a truly wonderful start.

No comments:

Post a Comment