Saturday, September 17, 2011

Annual Morton Pumpkin Festival

My husband hails from the small town of Morton, Illinois. He refers to it as the Emerald City but Morton is better known as the pumpkin capital of the world. Joel has told me about the annual Pumpkin Festival since we first met and has often urged me to attend. Finally after years of pining, I grabbed Ainsley and headed down to my in-laws house for the festivities.
Ainsley was quite the trooper. She faced the brisk September air with her trusty North Face and a pumpkin hat. We dined on pumpkin chili, pumpkin pasta salad, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin ice cream. The little lady polished off a piece of pumpkin pie all by herself! Then she went on a ride down the giant slide with Grandpa and the carousal with Grandma. We topped the night off with a cup of coffee and early bedtime.






4 comments:

  1. Love the pumpkin hat...I kinda want one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts excactly rachel!! PLEASE tell me someone bought it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, her grandma bought her the hat! She looked amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these years and I have yet to attend the great Morton Pumpkin festival. Ainsley sports a pumpkin hat quite beautifully, not everyone can pull that off!! Looks like fun for everyone. Glad you got to experience it and I am sure Grandpa and Grandma were thrilled. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete