Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursdays- 9.22.11

Another Thursday and another opportunity to be filled with gratitude for the blessings from the Lord I've experienced this week. I've been excited for this Thursday and have been looking for moments to put in my list. As always, God has been good this week.
Today I am thankful for...
-Brief breaks in parenting. Yesterday, Ainsley took a four hour nap! Not only did I get to fit in a much needed snooze, but then I worked on lesson plans with blessed silence. When she woke up, she and I were both ready to play.
-Chapel at HCA. This week was a spiritual emphasis week at my school so we sat in an extra amount of chapels. Yesterday we focused on Proverbs 3:5-6 which I have heard so many times that the power behind its message sometimes gets lost on me. BUT, as I was listening to the scripture being read, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed at the truth behind the words. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." I love when the Lord speaks so clearly through His Word.
-Small group. So very thankful for my small group.
-4 pounds of Alterra coffee came in the mail yesterday. Happy day.
-Date night tomorrow!!!!!
-And to finish up today's list, I am thankful for a daughter with LOTS of personality. Yesterday we were at the grocery store and Uptown Girls started to play. The lady started laughing and dancing in the cart, drawing attention from all the other shoppers in the produce section. Wish you could have been there...

No comments:

Post a Comment