Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ainsley's spectacular birthday week...

 I am so thrilled to post some pictures from Ainsley's birthday week. In one week, our little lady had three birthday celebrations. Prepare yourself for a lot of pictures!
On Monday we had a joint birthday party with Ainsley's one day younger friend, Maverick. She wore a red polka dot dress and new shoes. I teared up several times just watching our friends and their kids play with my kid. Community is a true blessing from the Lord.








 If you're itching to see a little video of the birthday babes tearing into their cake, watch this video!


On Ainsley's actual birthday we had a quiet three guest party- the birthday lady, my foxy husband, and me. We played with her new picnic basket (thanks, Kristi!) ate macaroni-and-cheese, and went out for gelato. Ainsley might not have loved the Elmo cake from her birthday party but she was quite into the strawberry gelato!

Finally, on Sunday we had a family party for this one year old Miss. BOTH sides of our family make the trek to Elgin. I baked three dozen cupcakes from scratch, making myself very proud. Everyone sat around talking, eating, and laughing- the perfect birthday party. 













When the last guest had left and the last piece of wrapping paper was picked up off of our hardwood floors, I sat outside on our deck with my husband and felt oddly sad. My daughter is no longer an infant. While moments of this past year were really stretching for us, it has easily been the fullest, most joyful year of my life...and now it is done. When Ainsley was first born, a good friend told me that the days will be long but the years will be short. This year was so very short. Challenging, messy, humbling, memorable, fun and short. 

The party girl was a little pooped after all the merriment had ceased. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow...your pictures are always soooo good. We had an amazing time at the party. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures!! You threw such a great party!

    ReplyDelete