Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bake me a cake as fast as you can

I want to be a baker. My girlfriends are all bakers- they have this knack for creating pastry masterpieces that are magically healthy. I, on the other hand, try my best to follow recipes and measure the ingredients, but rarely manage to create something edible. I do my homework, too. I scour my cooking blogs trying to find recipes that seem easy enough. Apparently, easy is not easy enough for this novice baker.
Today I am attempted to recreate these lemon blueberry scones that my friend Rachel brought on vacation. I have found a recipe that looks good. I have chilled the butter in the fridge so it will cut in nicely. I have cleaned my kitchen so I have a fresh workspace. I am as prepared as I can be. Hopes are high here at the Smith home.


Finished product: not very pretty but actually tasted like a scone. Ah, sweet victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment