Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bad Diner Book Club

Well over a year ago, my dear book-loving friend Stef and I had a conversation about starting a book club. She came up with the name for our little band of readers, Bad Diner Book Club- where bad diners meet good books. Since that fateful conversation, the club has met over a dozen times and has read a wide variety of genres. I've loved some, drudged through others, but have always enjoyed our meetings. Each one holds truly interesting conversation.
Tonight's discussion of Shauna Niequest's Bittersweet did not disappoint. We had a smaller group tonight- just Kristin, Rachel, Melissa, Jo, and myself. We all had differing opinions, mixed reactions, favorite chapters. For a few hours, I not only had a night out with delightful friends but also talked about a topic I love- literature. It's the little things, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment