Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In sickness and in health...

Today was a long day. Parts were lovely; my mom and sister came to town with my nieces and nephew in tow. We ran through the fountains at the park, played card games, ate tamales- all fine summer things. Sadly though, Ainsley didn't enjoy any of it. She's a bit under the weather, nicely put. Today I have been sneezed, drooled, and thrown-up on and somehow live to blog about it. My little birdie girl is a sad state of affairs.
But when my little invalid was at her worst, my husband came home from work and somehow turned an exhausting day into a wonderfully memorable one. He snatched up Ainsley and somehow got her to sleep- he's her hero already. He ordered us dinner from the pub downstairs and we feasted on tuna melts out on our deck. He challenged me to a game of Ticket to Ride and was so gracious when I beat him (haha). And then he sat and listened to every messy detail of my day. This man is too much, I tell you.
Tomorrow I'm Missouri-bound with my dear friend, Joanna. Excited. So very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment