Friday, July 22, 2011

Welcome to the Top 5

When my husband and I were dating we used to have this bit that we would do every so often- we would list our Top 5. Top 5  favorite bands. Top 5 foods you've ever tasted. Top 5 events of the past year. Top 5 coffee shops of all time. Top 5 characteristics you appreciate about the other person (that one was my favorite to hear). You get the picture, I'm sure.
While garage saling today (my third ever garage sale experience) I got to gush quite a bit about my husband and how quickly I fell head over heels for that man. So it got me thinking about Top 5 lists. So today, I will do a Top 5, in honor of my handsome husband.
Top 5 from the Pingree Grove Annual Garage Sale:
5. The truly scary striped cabbage patch doll with horns and tail that Kristin bought for a dollar. Her husband challenged her to find the ugliest thing selling for only one dollar. After some bargaining, Kristin went home with her treasure.
4. After much scouring, I found three cutesy outfits and a fancy little purse for my little lady. Garage Sale victory.
3. Getting to shop with old friends and brand new friends. Today I finally got to meet Jennifer.  I've had so many people tell me that she is a lovely woman and that I should meet her. Today was the day and loveliness she has in spades.
2. This morning Pingree Grove had a rain storm giving us a quick break from the blazing temperatures. For the first 20ish minutes of walking around, there was a breeze and the air was a tad chilly.
1. Watching Ainsley play with the other girl babies. Rachel, Kristin, and Jennifer all have little girls around Ainsley's age and I think my little lady had a ball babbling and playing with all of them. Easily a highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment