Thursday, July 7, 2011

Molly's Cupcakes

I believe that cupcakes are the perfect dessert. Cupcakes are not so big that I writhe in self-loathing the minute I finish, but substantial enough to feel like a treat. These little morsels are the perfect blank canvas to welcome creativity and invention. AND they're somewhat trendy. My favorite, favorite, favorite cupcake spot is this quaint cafe in Lincoln Park, Molly's Cupcakes. My husband and I first discovered Molly's a year ago when we were craving cupcakes but were too far from our former favorite spot, MORE.  So we hiked up to Molly's and chose 3 different flavors- did I mention that we had cupcakes for dinner? The Ron Bennington, Molly's signature, was decadent with its peanut butter filling and rich chocolate ganache topping. The Peanut Butter Nutella (we love peanut butter) was all things spectacular, as nutella often is. BUT, my favorite by far was the Blueberry Cheesecake. My mouth is salivating a little just thinking about the creamy cake topped with sugared blueberries. Delicious. Since this first trip, Joel and I have taken several friends and family members to Molly's, never to leave disappointed. Perhaps for date night tomorrow we will head down to grab an Intelligentsia coffee and a Molly's cupcake. A perfect date night, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment