Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kitchen failure

Last night I cooked easily the worst dinner ever. I've made several tasty meals in a row and I think I let me confidence get the best of me. On the menu for the evening was stroganoff. All would have gone fine if I would have followed my mom's recipe, but of course I thought of myself as a cooking master and got liberal with the ingredient swapping. I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup, so I substituted beef broth. First mistake. I didn't have regular sour cream so I used fat-free. Second mistake. What started as a creative idea ended as a soupy-salty-grayish mess. My husband took one bite and said with a smile, "That's a strong taste. It's interesting." Never what the chef wants to hear. Suffice to say, last night was not my finest showing of cooking skills!
We threw the whole mess out and got take-out. And then we laughed about it. I love being married to that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment