Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11

Exactly five years ago I enjoyed the first cup of coffee with my now husband. We had been told of each other by a mutual friend (still so thankful that he thought to match the two of us up) and were finally meeting. Joel and his wingmen plus myself and my wingwoman all sat at a 24-hour Starbucks chatting about music and ministry and movies we liked. I told him about the trip to Italy I was about to take with my wingwoman, Maja. He told me about working at a church and how much he loved the Cubs. Honestly, I only half listened as he talked, I was so busy taking him in- the smile lines on the corners of his eyes, his short dark hair, the sound of his voice. I remember he drank his coffee black, which I found incredibly foxy. He was intoxicating from the start. After coffee, I got in the car with Maja and headed home, wondering if I would see this man again. Thankfully, I did. 


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post :) I love hearing this story again. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete