Saturday, June 4, 2011

Early morning list making

Today is officially the first day of summer vacation for this teacher. Each year, I come to this day and feel completely overwhelmed with the vastness of vacation time I have ahead of me. Yes, some people relish time to relax and do nothing, but too much downtime makes me feel lazy, bored, and incredibly lonely for work. Sad and very American of me, I know. SO, this summer I am making a goal list to chip away at each day in hopes to remedy my current cold sweats of anxiety. A summer resolution list, if you will...

Here's what I've got so far-

1. Cook more. Perhaps, I should decide on a certain amount of recipes to cook out of the stack of cookbooks I own but so rarely open. Thirty-five sounds like a splendid idea. Okay, 35 new recipes by the end of the summer.
2. Create and conquer a summer reading list (just like I did for my high school students). Suggestions?
3. Sew a dress for Miss. Ainsley. A pretty one.
4. Organize my closet.
5. Go to Ravinia at least 3 times.
6. Try out a new farmers market. I've heard the one in Evanston, IL is lovely.
7. Teach Ainsley how to clap. We're close, I think!
8. Buy a new pair of shoes. I'm sure my husband will love this goal.
9. Write more haikus.
10. Read through and study the Pentateuch in my time with the Lord. I've always felt intimidated by these books of the Bible.

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. Here goes...

2 comments:

  1. looks like #10 answered #2. Ambitious with your new Bible study skills I am going to be interested to see how you are able to get through them this summer!!
    http://www.amazon.com/Almond-Picker-Simonetta-Agnello-Hornby/dp/0374182345

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'll have to add Almond Picker. Good suggestion, Jo!

    ReplyDelete