Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lunch Break Thankful Thursday

I am a worker bee this week. I am currently in my lunch break at the writing conference I've attended the past three days. I have listened, learned, contemplated, and marveled. I love conferences like this because I return to my classroom renewed.
To start off this Thankful Thursday list, I must say that I am so very thankful for the opportunity to grow as a teacher. I pray that I never feel satisfied with my performance in the classroom. I want to be better.
-I am also thankful today (and every day) for my Mama. She spent yesterday in Elgin watching Ainsley so I could attend the conference. Seriously???? This woman is too much. With Nana, Ainsley played "cupcakes," took a long bath, practiced her walking, watched "Martha Speaks," and hopefully missed her Mama.
-Joel and I are spending our week sipping on Alterra's Sulawesi roast. Yum.
-One of the teachers attending the conference with me is inspiring to me. This woman cannot stop talking about the Lord's work in her life. In every conversation we have had these past three days, she is practically bursting to tell me how much she loves Jesus and how salvation has transformed her life. I am so thankful for her and the influence she has had on my faith in such a short amount of time.

It's back to the seminar for me. Watch out, class; Mrs. Smith is returning to you armed with mini-lessons and rubrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment