Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Goodbye, Summer. It's been real.

Students come tomorrow. In just a few short sleepy hours, my classroom will be buzzing with first day of school jitters. This summer, like it's predecessors, has been a whirlwind. I remember before school ended for the year, I  was spending a lot of time praying about this summer, so nervous that I would get stir-crazy at home with my daughter all day. On the contrary, this summer has been the most adventuresome, exciting, and memorable summers I've ever experienced.
Most memorable moments include:
-Cubs game with Mel and Andy, despite an hour rain delay. Brewers were victorious. Too bad, Cubbies.
-Celebrating at Andi's birthday party and getting to meet the rest of his British family
-Late night cards played sitting in the patio furniture section at Meyer grocery store with Rachel and Joanna
-Michigan Vacation!
-3rd anniversary dinner at Texas De Brazil.
-Seeing Midnight in Paris with my mom, sis, and sis-in-law
-All the Thursday afternoons I spent with three students studying the Bible. Hard to beat that.
-Celebrating Joel's birthday in Morton and then in Milwaukee
-Park fun with my Mom, sis, nephew, and nieces


-Early morning Alterra Coffee at the Lake with Maja and Amy.
-Taking on St. Louis with Joanna and kids
-Listening to music at the summer concert in Elgin
-Honoring Joel's grandpa, Ernie, in Morton and Michigan.
-Camping out in Milwaukee for a few days with the lady and my family
-Lunch at the Pub and apartment touring with the Hoaglands
-Small group dinner at Tatums
-Many, many days off with my favorites




-Pingree Grove Garage Sale with good friends
-Barbecue Chicken and Oreo Pie with the Sooters, Marshall, and Kristi
-Bridal Shower for my dear friend, Lindsay
-Amy spending the weekend here is Elgin

The bar for Fall has been set pretty high! Hopefully you too had a memorable and delightful summer. Bring on the cooler temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment