Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend

Yes, my weekend is over. And yes, I have to work tomorrow. And major yes, classes officially begin on Wednesday. But am I melancholic? Am I cranky? No, I am most certainly not. This weekend was so wonderful that I couldn't possibly be down in the doldrums.
My dearest friend Amy visited Elgin this weekend and we had a spectacular time. Long chats, sushi, One Day (Anne Hathaway had the fakest British accent there ever was), Ikea shopping, watching vintage SNL, church at Harvest, and laughing until I cried...what an incredible time with my friend! THEN to top all the fun off, after church today Joel, the little Miss, and I jetted up to Milwaukee to have dinner with my parents. This weekend was too much.
So take that, first day of school. Just try to get this teacher all nervous and fidgety. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment